Monday, January 31, 2011

The End of the World as We Know it?

As you may have been able to tell from my earlier Jersey Shore post, I get a weird pleasure out of watching disastrous TV (Don't judge me).  The same goes for movies, especially in the case of the cinematic ASS-terpiece 2012.  While I understand that movies ARE NOT real, I find it extremely hard to believe that John Cusack can maneuver a limousine/Winnebago through a crumbling California and onward.  After watching it, I didn't really give the plot of the story much thought.  It wasn't until I recently started taking the somewhat unnecessary class, Planet Earth that my mind started wondering.  We all know of recent natural disasters in Haiti,  New Orleans, Australia, Brazil and in other countries on just about every continent. Floods, hurricanes, tsunamis, and earthquakes (and I'm not talking about the fake one caused by fans in Seattle after the EPIC Marshawn Lynch raping of the Saints defense), just to name a few, have been plaguing the planet for the past few years.  We've all heard about this "infamous" Mayan calendar (of which the 2012 movie is based upon) that leads many people to believe that the world is ending in 2012. I personally think that the poor guy who Montezuma assigned the job of creating this calendar to either, A.) Got a cramp and stopped writing, B.) Caught some sort of plague from the conquistadors and couldn't write neatly due to the chronic coughing, or C.) Realized that he wasn't even going to be a memory in 1500 let alone 2012 and ultimately stopped wasting his time.  I'm no historian, so you might not want to include this in your next term paper, but for our sake, hopefully I'm right. All of the previous mentioned events are creating a lot of bugged out people. The end of the world is a pretty serious deal, so these people are justifiably bugged out.  Moral of my story, live your life, take chances, and have fun. Hopefully John Cusack opens his own limo service so he can drive us all to safety in case shit does hit the fan....

---Ironically.....The Nature Boy

1 comment:

  1. if it is true... fuck it we all go out together in one of the most amazing things human beings can witness

    ReplyDelete